Horses come in all sizes. Thankfully, horse blankets do too.
If your horse has high withers, you'll need a blanket that won't rub or put uncomfortable pressure on that area. Any blanket that has a mid or high neck cut helps take the pressure off the withers. If you are hoping to stick with a classic style, some blankets offer wither-relief pads in the blanket that can help relieve any pressure to the area. Here are a few recommendations:
- Rambo Wug Turnout Sheet
- Rambo Wug Medium Lite 50g Turnout Blanket
- Rambo Wug 200g Turnout Blanket
- Rambo Wug 250g V/L Turnout Blanket
- Rambo Wug 400g Turnout Blanket
The Rhino Wug Turnout features the original high neck design providing a snug fit and effectively eliminating pressure to the withers. It is a great choice for a narrow horse with high withers and comes in 4 weights.
- Rhino Wug Turnout Sheet
- Rhino Wug 100g Turnout Blanket
- Rhino Wug 250g V/L Turnout Blanket
- Rhino Wug 450 Vari-Layer Turnout Blanket
Weatherbeeta High Neck Turnout
WeatherBeeta Plus Dynamic High Neck Turnout Sheet
Wither Relief Pads
Wither relief pads in blankets help lift the blanket, alleviating pressure on the wither area.
STABLE Blankets with Wither Relief Pads
- Rambo Optimo 200g Stable Blanket
- Rambo Optimo 400g Heavy Stable Blanket
- Rhino 250g Medium Stable Blanket with Vari-Layer
- Rhino 400g Heavy Stable Blanket with Vari-Layer
TURNOUT Blankets with Wither Relief Pads
- WeatherBeeta ComFiTec Ultra Cozi Detach-a-Neck Medium Turnout Blanket
- WeatherBeeta ComFiTec Premier Free Standard Neck Lite Turnout Sheet
Questions about finding the right blanket for your horse?
Call or email customer service. We'd be happy to help!