Horse flies are a nuisance to both horses and people. They are large, biting flies that can be found in many parts of the world. Horse flies can transmit diseases, such as tularemia and equine piroplasmosis. They can also cause skin irritation and inflammation.
There are a number of ways to control horse flies. One way is to use fly sheets. Fly sheets are made of a lightweight, breathable fabric. Fly sheets cover the horse's back, sides, and belly, providing protection from biting flies.
Performance Horse Blankets only sells fly sheets are made of high-quality materials and are designed to provide maximum protection from horse flies. fly sheets are also easy to put on and take off, and they are machine-washable.
Benefits of Using Fly Sheets
- Effective at controlling horse flies
- Easy to use
- Made of high-quality materials
- Provides maximum protection for your horse
How to Choose the Right Fly Sheet for Your Horse
When choosing a fly sheet for your horse, there are a few things to consider:
- The size of your horse: Make sure to choose a fly sheet that is the right size for your horse. A fly sheet that is too small will not provide adequate protection, and a fly sheet that is too large will be cumbersome for your horse.
- The material of the fly sheet: Fly sheets are made from a variety of materials, including nylon, polyester, and cotton. Nylon fly sheets are lightweight and breathable, but they are not as durable as polyester or cotton fly sheets. Polyester fly sheets are durable and water-resistant, but they can be more expensive than nylon or cotton fly sheets. Cotton fly sheets are the most durable material, but they are also the most absorbent.
- The color of the fly sheet: Fly sheets are available in a variety of colors. The color of the fly sheet is not important for its effectiveness, but it can be a factor in your decision. Some people prefer to choose a fly sheet that matches their horse's coat color, while others prefer to choose a fly sheet that is a bright color so that it is easy to see.
Amigo CamoFly Fly Sheet
How to Care for Your Fly Sheet
To keep your fly sheet in good condition, it is important to care for it properly. Here are some tips for caring for your fly sheet:
- Wash your fly sheet regularly. You can wash your fly sheet in the washing machine on a cold, gentle cycle.
- Do not use bleach or fabric softener on your fly sheet. Bleach and fabric softener can damage the fabric of your fly sheet.
- Air dry your fly sheet. Do not put your fly sheet in the dryer, as this can damage the fabric.
- Store your fly sheet in a cool, dry place. Do not store your fly sheet in direct sunlight or in a humid environment.
By following these tips, you can keep your fly sheet in good condition for many years to come. See our Resource page on Fly Sheets to learn more.
Not sure which Fly Sheet to Buy? Check out our Top Fly Sheets or give us a call.